CALMNESS

I met God in the morning
When my day was at its best,
And his presence came like sunrise
Like a glory in my breast.

All day long the presence lingered,
All day long he stayed with me,
And we sailed in perfect calmness
Over a very troubled sea.

Other ships were blown and battered,
Other ships were sore distressed,
But the winds that seemed to drive them
Brought to us a peace and rest.

Then I thought of other mornings,
With a keen remorse of mind,
When I too had loosed the moorings,
With the presence left behind.

So I think I know the secret,
Learned from many a troubled way:
You must seek him in the morning
If you want him through the day!

~ Ralph S. Cushman

*******

Some more CALMNESS which I couldn't embed ... ♥

Keine Kommentare

Schön, Dich hier zu sehen & DANKE, für Deine umsichtige Wortwahl!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Nice to have you around & THANKS, for your thoughtful words!